Saffron marinated chicken kabob is an middle eastern based and international course. In eastern countries, this dish is cooked in different ways, but saffron kebab in Iran is one of the popular dishes that is now one of our constant healthy choices compare to red meat. On the other hand, ready-to-eat kebabs these days are found in some superfoods and protein stores are all has un natural additives, but tasting or marinating our own kebabs can be both healthier and more appealing.
This traditional Persian saffron marinated chicken kabob is amongst the most delicious ones.
Ingredients: (Serving 3)
Chicken breast: 2 pcs
Onions: 1 pc
Butter: two tablespoons
Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
Lemon Zest: 1 tbsp
Garlic : 2 pcs
Rosemary : a few leaves
Spices include salt, black pepper and turmeric: as needed
Brewed saffron (premium seven saffron): 2 tbsp
1. Chop the chicken meat to the desired size first. Try to keep the meat pieces the same size so they are easy to grill.
2. Chop the onion and garlic into the tiny pieces and place in a large, lined dish with the chicken pieces
3. Then add the Lemon Juice and lemon zest (preferably fresh) to the contents of the dish and stir slightly.
4. Add salt, pepper and turmeric at this point and mix well.
5. At this point, add the saffron brew and butter to the ingredients.
6. Close the door or pull the cover and allow it to remain in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
After a few hours, bring out the chicken and use a oven pan and place them all inside the oven and pour the marinated mix all over the chickens.
Cook it for 30-45 minutes and then use butter and saffron on top at the end and serve the dish with saffron rice.